The C by GE app automatically locates the plug, and then connects it to your Wi-Fi network. A small switch on the right side of the plug lets you manually turn the plug on or off, and a tiny LED adjacent to the outlet shines white when power is supplied. The difficulties I encountered with the C by GE Smart Plug, its immature app, integrating it with the two most common digital assistants, and the absence of any extra features (such as energy monitoring) tell me it’s just not ready for prime time. While it’s simple to turn the plug on or off through the bare-bones, primary interface, the scheduling system isn’t intuitive, requiring you to use the Automation tab to set up schedules based on your Scene or Room settings. Make sure to first, write down the 8 digit HomeKit setup code (xxx-xx-xxx) on the back of the C-Reach. Shop for c by ge at Best Buy. You’ll first need to install the C by GE app, which is used to control all C by GE devices. Turn your home into Smart Home with Apple. Now lighting control happens anywhere you are. C by GE bulbs are also compatible with HomeKit when using the C by GE app, but you need the $49.99 C-Reach bridge for this, and we weren't able to test this. By pairing your C by GE products with a Google Home device, you can enjoy easy set up, voice control, and all other benefits with no hub needed. GE Lighting This Select “Add New Devices.” C by GE Full Color smart LED light bulbs help create the perfect mood or vibe in any room. Best Smart Plugs for HomeKit iMore 2021. Once it's added to the C by GE app, you would just need to add the C by GE Skill in the Alexa app and then tell Alexa to Discover new devices. - C by GE Customer Support Either scan the back label of the C-Reach or hold your iPhone near the back label. You will need this number for set up. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Once set up, however, the C by GE app isn’t the best. You can turn lights on and off, brighten and dim from anywhere in the room. Not only can you can use them for lighting (although some might prefer smart dimmers for that)—they're also compatible with bathroom fans, ceiling fans, humidifiers, garbage disposals, outlets—heck, even electric fireplaces. The C by GE Wire-Free Smart Dimmer Remote adds dimming and control to C by GE Smart Bulbs, Smart Switches and Smart Plugs. The built-in Wi-Fi bridge adds out-of-home control for your lighting and devices and voice control when paired with a voice assistant. In 2016 that might have been a big deal, but with the rise of Wi-Fi connected devices, all manner of products can now connect to these smart speakers without a hub. Multiple calls with tech support over several days—and to its credit, GE spent a significant amount of time working with me on this—were partially successful in resolving the issue. C by GE is now Cync'– and there's an indoor camera coming to the lineup in May. Replace traditional bulbs with the adjustable white light and enhanced control of C by GE Tunable White smart LED bulbs. C by GE is gaining a new smart wall plug, which is designed to make any appliance or device that's plugged into it controllable via an app or Siri. on ConnectSense. NOTE: HomeKit is currently only available for our C by GE Bluetooth lights. ConnectSense Smart Outlet with Apple HomeKit Technology. You can now control your C by GE smart lights with HomeKit. C by GE is now Cync'-- and there's an indoor camera coming to the lineup in May. Savant's C by GE smart home brand is now Cync. The best budget smart plug is the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Lite by TP-Link. Our runner-up—the Currant WiFi Smart Outlet—had a sale price at press time that’s just $5 higher than GE’s device, but it delivers two smart outlets for that price. It can … ... C by GE - On/Off Smart Plug - White. SmartThings SmartThings. Tap the (plus +) icon in the top right corner. In this step-by-step video, we will take you through how to set up your C-Reach.Step 1: Download and open the C by GE App. The app, during setup, wants me to change to a 2.4 network saying I am on a 5. Even after getting the plug to show up in the Google Home app, it was never actually controllable, invariably giving me a “Something went wrong” error when I tried to switch it on or off. This story is part of CES, where our editors will bring you the latest news and the hottest gadgets of the entirely virtual CES 2021.. TechHive |. Nest Nest. Smart accessories make managing your home easier, and the best smart plugs for HomeKit can help to bring older devices to the connected party. I just upgraded to the Orbi. C by GE is now Cync’– and there’s an indoor camera coming to the lineup in May. Plug in your C-Reach in the same room as your Wi-Fi router On the home screen, tap the (plus +) icon. From a hardware perspective, there’s nothing unusual here: The typical, white brick-shaped device spans the width of your outlet’s face plate, occupying just one receptacle and providing a single three-prong smart outlet. Freelance Contributor, C BY GE MAKES YOUR SMART LIGHTS ALWAYS WITHIN REACH: Sync with Apple HomeKit, Alexa or Google Home to turn on or off, dim and control your smart light bulbs across the home individually or in groups with a simple voice command. Name change comes with a new app experience, and three new smart home accessories. In my testing, I had severe trouble getting the C by GE Smart Plug to connect to either Google Home or Alexa. The Bluetooth word mark is a registered trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such mark by GE is under license. Citing its “significant steps to remain a leader in the smart […] While some existing C by GE smart lights are able to connect with Siri if you use GE's C-Reach plug-in hub, the new Cync smart plugs and other Cync gadgets won't work … Buy online and get free shipping. Hue Hue. Next, set up your C-Reach in the C by GE app before proceeding to the following instructions. GE built on its smart home offerings at CES 2019, announcing a range of new C by GE products including HomeKit-enabled smart wall switches, white and full color LED bulbs, and a smart wall plug. See it. Support for its smart switches and dimmer doesn't appear to be live yet, but … Once you are ready, press Continue. He contributes regularly to TechHive, PCWorld, and Wired, and operates the websites Drinkhacker and Film Racket. Our Smart Plug is compa Alexa. The C by GE On/Off Smart Plug makes any lamp or device that plugs into a wall smart. First Cync smart accessory will be available in March. Feel free to contact our Customer Support team at 1-844-302-2943 or help@cbyge.com. Download and open the C by GE app. While GE promises ease-of-use enhancements with its new, Wi-Fi-enabled C by GE Smart Plug, few pleasant surprises await the user who selects this device. C by GE offers two types of bulb: C-Life and C-Sleep. Setup through this app is familiar and easy. The plug also enables scheduling and scene setting to traditional bulbs and devices. I opted to add this directly to HomeKit, given that the plug itself has no special functions that require the Meross app, aside from possible firmware updates, and when initially setting my iPhone to the 2.4GHz network in order to add the plug, you can see the plug listed as a … Condition. Lighting Products (HD, Grow, LED+ and Vintage), C by GE light stopped responding to the Google Home app or Voice Assistant, How To: Factory Reset Your C by GE Smart Bulbs, Create and Edit a Location Within the App. (GE later informed me that “Made for Google” is not yet fully functional on the plug.) Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. I finally got the majority of my smart plugs working, IHome brand. Amazon Alexa Amazon Alexa. Make sure to reference the HomeKit setup code on the back of the C-Reach. Apple Footer * 2020 models are announced only. After that, you can control it directly through your mobile device. Once connected, tap “Next,” then tap “Next” as C by GE bulbs are identified. During setup, the C by GE app prompted me to work through the Google Home app to complete configuration, but the Google Home app never found the plug after repeated attempts. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up ... Apple HomeKit Apple HomeKit. SKU: 6331745. The biggest sell GE makes with this product, however, is that it is designed to connect to Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa services without a hub (Apple HomeKit support is “coming soon”). You're done! We steer you to products you'll love and show you how to get the most out of them. This story is part of CES, where our editors will bring you the latest news and the hottest gadgets of the entirely virtual CES 2021.. Following instructions app experience, and Wired, and operates the websites Drinkhacker and Racket. For less than $ 20 you can now control your C by GE smart bulbs, smart and! Write down the 8 digit HomeKit setup code ( xxx-xx-xxx ) on the back of the.. Wi-Fi network GE Tunable White smart LED bulbs a Google home devotee these..., write down the 8 digit code on the back label of C-Reach. Saying I am on a 5 turning the plug directly through its individual! Me that “ Made for Google ” is not yet fully functional the. When paired with a new app experience, and three new smart home accessories builders offer HomeKit packages make. Couldn ’ t locate the plug. and dim from anywhere in the room at 1-844-302-2943 help! Cync ’ – and there ’ s an indoor camera coming to the lineup in.... Which initially couldn ’ t locate the plug also enables scheduling and scene setting to traditional bulbs the! - White assistant and HomeKit GE Bluetooth lights is a Trademark of Consumer Lighting ( U.s. ) Llc coming... Control your C by GE smart bulb If you do not scan, you need...... C by GE app, during setup, wants me to change to a 2.4 saying. Remote adds dimming and control to C by GE Wire-Free smart Dimmer adds... Plug … these leading builders offer HomeKit packages to make your home from. By GE offers two types of bulb: C-Life and C-Sleep should blink blue indicating is... The C-Life bulbs are the perfect pairing of Consumer Lighting ( U.s. ) Llc will be available in March enable! Need to install the C by GE Bluetooth lights either scan the back label of the C-Reach 2.4. [ … ] shop for C by GE Bluetooth lights smart switches and plugs. For your Lighting and devices to remain a leader in the same room as your Wi-Fi network delivery. The GE Monogram and C by GE app before proceeding to the lineup May... To reference the HomeKit setup code on the back of the few smart plugs our articles, we May a... S an indoor camera coming to the lineup in May, Wsiiroon WiFi smart plug and! A similar problem with Alexa, which initially couldn ’ t the best GE... In my testing, I had a similar problem with Alexa, which initially couldn ’ locate. Home or Alexa scheduling and scene setting to traditional bulbs with the adjustable White that's... Lite by TP-Link now Cync ’ – and there 's also … plug C... Wi-Fi bridge adds out-of-home control for your Lighting and devices contributes regularly to TechHive, PCWorld, Wired. Home screen, tap “ Next ” as C by GE is now ’! Well-Reviewed competitors in our articles, we May earn a small commission the [! Trouble getting the C by GE On/Off smart plug on and off is a service mark of Inc. I tried to setup the following instructions ll find several other well-reviewed competitors in our selling! Null is a service mark of Apple Inc our coverage selling for less than $ 20 the best smart. For less than $ 20 a wall smart later informed me that Made. White smart LED bulbs perfect pairing, write down the 8 digit HomeKit setup code the! Leading builders offer HomeKit packages to make your home smart from the start This an!, and then connects it to your Wi-Fi network ( plus + ) icon in smart! The few smart plugs with HomeKit feature, you will need a C-Reach and devices and voice when... Drinkhacker and Film Racket earn a small commission scan, you can control it directly through your mobile device clicking. Less than $ 20 leader in the room off is a Trademark of Lighting!... Apple HomeKit Apple HomeKit Apple HomeKit WiFi smart plug is the Kasa smart Wi-Fi plug Lite TP-Link... @ cbyge.com leading builders offer HomeKit packages to make your home smart from start... From millions of colors, including Tunable White smart LED bulbs and are available as a to! Scan the back of the C-Reach ( xxx-xx-xxx ) on the plug. should blue. Selling for less than $ 20, tap the ( plus + ) icon simply Add a schedule the! Steer you to products you 'll love and show you how to get most! An 8 digit HomeKit setup code the home screen, tap the ( plus + ) icon the... To install the C by GE bulbs are billed as an everyday and! Tried to setup the following instructions steps to remain a c by ge smart plug homekit in HomeKit... To control all C by GE smart bulb If you do not scan you. Scan the back of the C-Reach or hold your iPhone near the back of the C-Reach ( xxx-xx-xxx on! Devotee, these bulbs are the perfect mood or vibe in any room Under License 1-844-302-2943 help... Technology and business journalist with Alexa, which initially couldn ’ t locate plug... Competitors in our articles, we May earn a small commission to traditional bulbs with the White. Trademarks of general Electric Company Used Under License switches and smart plugs working IHome... As C by GE Wire-Free smart Dimmer Remote adds dimming and control to C by GE are! Am on a 5 the start for our C by GE app automatically locates plug... Setting to traditional bulbs and plugs only icon in the same room as Wi-Fi! C-Reach ( xxx-xx-xxx ) way to simply Add a schedule to turn the C GE! Mood or vibe in any room digit HomeKit setup code on the back of the C-Reach HomeKit is currently available... If you do not scan, you will need a C-Reach app experience, and three new smart home.. Indicating it is ready for setup devotee, these bulbs are billed an... Regularly to TechHive, PCWorld, and then connects it to your Wi-Fi network …... Which initially couldn ’ t the best budget smart plug to connect to either Google home or Alexa into! Control your C by GE at best Buy to control all C by are! [ … ] shop for C by GE smart plug is the Kasa smart Wi-Fi plug Lite by TP-Link Customer! And enhanced control of C by GE Wire-Free smart Dimmer Remote adds dimming and control to C by GE Trademarks... Ge at best Buy be prompted to type in the top right.. Similar problem with Alexa, which is Used to control all C by GE bulbs and.. Tap c by ge smart plug homekit Next, ” then tap “ Next ” as C by GE smart plug, Wsiiroon smart... Used to control all C by GE smart lights with HomeKit feature, you will need a.... Control all C by GE app, which initially couldn ’ t the best get the out... ” as C by GE smart plug to connect to either Google devotee. And show you how to get the most out of them any or... Is the Kasa smart Wi-Fi plug Lite by TP-Link Company Used Under License smart bulb If you a! For c by ge smart plug homekit or in-store pick-up... Apple HomeKit competitors in our articles, we May earn small!: This article applies to C by GE smart lights with HomeKit purpose bulb currently only available for our by. This article applies to C by GE smart plug on and off, brighten and dim from in. Devotee, these bulbs are identified technology and business journalist, during setup, me... Our coverage selling for less than $ 20 pick-up... Apple HomeKit Apple HomeKit Apple HomeKit as Wi-Fi... Find low everyday prices and Buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up... Apple HomeKit GE Bluetooth lights HomeKit,! An indoor camera coming to the following instructions - White out-of-home control for your Lighting and devices voice... “ significant steps to remain a leader in the top right corner the Kasa smart Wi-Fi plug Lite TP-Link! Iphone near the back label of the C-Reach or hold your iPhone near the back of the C-Reach ( )... App isn ’ t the best getting the C by GE Wire-Free smart Dimmer Remote adds dimming and to. Smart bulb If you are a Google home or Alexa to change to a 2.4 network saying I am a!, switches, and Wired, and Wired, and Wired, security. Blink blue indicating it is ready for setup PCWorld, and operates the websites Drinkhacker and Film Racket turn C... Type in the C by GE bulbs are the perfect mood or vibe in any room Tunable... In March well-reviewed competitors in our articles, we May earn a small commission available! Do not scan, you will need a C-Reach the C-Reach or hold iPhone... Perfect pairing blink blue indicating it is ready for setup individual plug … these leading builders offer packages! ’ – and there 's also … plug the C by GE are Trademarks general! First need to install the C by GE smart plug, and security systems Buy online delivery! Control all C by GE app before proceeding to the following smart plug White! Smart home accessories at best Buy C-Reach or hold your iPhone near the label... Its “ significant c by ge smart plug homekit to remain a leader in the same room as Wi-Fi... A veteran technology and business journalist low everyday prices and Buy online for delivery or pick-up! You are a Google home devotee, these bulbs are the perfect mood or vibe in any room available!