We drill the orifices customized for Every order so Please make sure the selections below match the front valve bolted through as shown in images below. Product information Product Dimensions 1 x 1 x 1 inches Item Weight 8 ounces Manufacturer Fire Magic Grills ASIN B06Y3X25JP Item model number 3001-40-4 Customer Reviews: 2.6 out of 5 stars 2 ratings. We do not recommend connecting more than one hose together as it could impact the performance of the grill. DRILL SIZE NATURAL GAS 1034 BTU CU.FT. Remove the orifice in the tip of the control valve. Propane Guy. Also, can you convert any BBQ to natural gas? To check the orifice measure flat-to-flat diameter of the orifice. The orifice hex-head should measure 3/8 inch across ther diameter from flat-to-flat. When using a large permanent propane tank, typically as supply for an entire property, the gas line will connect to the barbecue with this low-pressure LP appliance regulator. Although a Conversion Kit is no longer permitted or supported by Weber, if there was a kit for these post-2010 Genesis and Spirit models the kit would include all new orifices, a new regulator for the newly converted type of fuel and also the new gas hose with necessary threading connections and inner clearance for pressure to the barbecue. The orifice at the tip of the control valve slides into the burner right through the air-adjustment shutter inside the control panel. The gas line attaches to the manifold which is simply a pipe that fills with gas and has the control valves attached so the valves can draw gas from the manifold pipe. Typically gas flames with a mixture of too much fuel will be taller and have too much color. Spirit models from the last 5 years use different orifices, Selecting Spirit II orifices involves inspecting the original valve to select the correct orifices. ← Weber BBQ Grill History of Top ... to our barbecue grill control valve but without a much-too-large hole drilled in an orifice designed for use burning natural gas. The size of the hole in the orifice determines whether the barbecue will burn LP or NG and what BTU setting will burn. Laws indicate LP cylinders have safety features and the threading on the QCC-1 hand wheel are the same all over the country so any hose and regulator assembly will look the same. The tables out of which you can choos the most adequate area of the orifice, depending on the pressure drop and desired capacity, rely on a coefficient of discharge K = 0.85. Replacement gas orifice for Spirit and Genesis models manufactured after 2009 with control knobs across front of firebox. Now our orifice is sealed and we can drill the orifice with what ever size orifice drill bit we need. Features: Type: Orifice. All of the orifices I have are made of brass. Select these items yourself to create your own conversion kit for post-2010 Geenesis and Spirit models. Follow Board Pinned onto Natural Gas Grills × Embed. The difference between an orifice drilled for vaporized liquid propane and an orifice drilled for use in a natural gas appliance is very obvious when looked at side by side. Kit for converting Weber Genesis E-310 from Natural Gas to Propane. LP hose with QCC-I type one regulator fits all grills 3/8 flared female fitting for grill manifold and 24 inch hose. This is best done with a wrench or socket -- Not a ruler or tape measure.Drilled Orifices Cannot Be Returned. Weber front-mounted control valves have been fabricated of aluminmum and brass as shown here. Before I wasted money and bought the natural gas orifice from williams brewing, I wasn't sure what part I was supposed to drill. Fortunately orifices are inexpensive. Natural Gas Grill orifices that are 36″-42″ cast or brass burner burner uses #42 or 2.35mm hole Back burners average between #48mm = 1.93mm hole and #53 = 1.5mm hole Elizabeth Real • June 21, 2018 255 Pins • 0 Followers Post Comment. D-Value for knob is 3 o'clock. I then played around and found that a number 42 drill bit was just about the right size for the rod. Once the orifices are drilled, we do not have the ability to stock them in our inventory. 4) 10 ft. hose – Our natural gas grills come with a 10-ft flex hose to connect your grill to the supply line. Orifices are responsible for the amount of gas that flows into the burners. SHIENSTAR Flexible 12FT 1/2 ID Natural Gas Hose Conversion Kit for Gas Grill, Griddle, Smoker, Fire Pit, Pizza Oven, Generator, Outdoor Heater and More NG Appliance 4.6 out of 5 stars 305 Bull, Costco, Kirkland, Jenn Air, Nexgrill, Turbo Brass Orifice Valve - 31300 Regardless, the air shutters should be adjusted with flames burning so the flame height can be seen and tested. Shop Weber's range of propane and natural gas grills. In order to convert a Weber barbecue grill to use Natural Gas or to use Propane we will need to change all the orifices in the barbecue. Free shipping for many products! In order to convert a Weber barbecue grill to use Natural Gas or to use Propane we will need to change all the orifices in the barbecue. First you need to know your current orfice size in order to know what size to drill. The same tables refer to a gas whose density amounts to 0.56. This means that the same fixed natural gas pressure, but supplied through different orifice sizes, will contribute different BTU measurements. Yes; What do I need to convert my dryer back to natural gas? Nothing else is needed to convert your Weber Grill from LP to Natural Gas.. BBQ burners install front to back. Brass LP valve and orifice (part #31600) to replace Weber OEM valve #11810007 for some Weber grills. 1-Side Burner Orifices. The most important thing in that conversion kit is a new rating plate for the appliance. Gas flames should be approximately 1-1.5 inches tall. So, here’s a quick tutorial to help you . The regulator Must ship with the orifices because the regulated gas pressure is what determines the size of the hole drilled in the orifice in order to match the BTU Safety Certification. Things You Will Need To Converts Natural Gas Grill To Propane. Check The Size, Ask For Help, or risk buying orifices twice. Orifices are sent Blank ordered alone and sent Drilled to Factory specs when hose and regulator are shipping with full set of orifices. No manufacturer will give you advice converting a grill from propane to natural gas. You cannot operate a gas grill without an orifice. Orifices will be either 3/8 or 9/32 inch wrench/socket size. 1-Orifice Removal tool (styles may vary from photo) 1-Regulator with hose for 20 lb Tank. Spirit and Genesis models after 2009 have the control knobs and valves in front of the fire box. Note: Propane Tank NOT INCLUDED in this auction. Spirit II models have a valve connected to the gas manifold by clamping around a round gas manifold pipe whereas earlier Spirit models and Genesis models Bolt Through a square gas manifold pipe as shown here. Genesis model S330 has an S in front of the numbers to indicate the inside flavorizer heat shields and cooking grates are stainless steel but Also the outer hood and cart are also stainless steel. New orifices are available for Weber barbecues and this particular orifice 88832 fits older models with the controls on the Right Side Of The FireBox Only When the Original Orifice Measures 3/8" Hex-Head Diameter. Convert Weber Genesis and Spirit model barbecue grill to use natural gas or liquid propane by replacing the orifices and the hose and regulator connection. Follow. Flames with too much oxygen will be very small and will sometimes appear to float above the … Video Tutorial And Conversion Instructions for models After 2009. Spirit and Genesis BBQ's were labelled Silver, Gold, Platinum model A - B - C and later Changed to E, EP, S models 210, 310, 320. These front-mounted control valves attach to the square manifold pipe with a single bolt-through connection. Natural LP Inches of H20 3 3.5 4 4.5 7 11; Drill Size Decimal Inches BTU BTU BTU BTU BTU BTU; 80: 0.0135: 428: 463: 495: 525: 654: 1237: 79: 0.0145: 494: 534: 571 $63.36 Buy It Now 15d 21h, eBay Money Back Guarantee. Inspect valve in Spirit models; new Spirit valve clamps around a round gas manifold pipe and does not use this orifice. 9 Answers. So, I put the number 42 drill bit into my drill press and proceeded to drill each orifice with an even bigger hole than it had before. A propane stove orifice size is about 0.082 inches (drill size 45), but the valve on a similar stove that uses natural gas needs an orifice that is almost 0.125 inches (drill size 35). Conversion parts are customized to order and Cannot Be Returned. The company "Weber" is today does not publish item numbers for orifices and does not make orifices available. Instructions: Convert Weber BBQ To NG or LP, full list of orifices And All Weber BBQ Parts, Conversion Instructions Weber BBQ Use NG or LP, Video Conversion Tutorial Weber BBQ Use NG or LP. The orifice, in gas grill applications, regulates the flow of gas either in a Natural Gas or LP Gas (Propane) application. Orifice has starter hole size #61 and must be drilled. Quick-connection end makes the hose easy to attach and remove in case the appliance has to be moved. I've had a gas fitter friend of my dad come and swap the propane regulator for a NG hose and hook it up to my supply, but he only widened the orifices from a #57 bit size to a #55 bit size. The regulator sets the gas pressure. When selecting this regulator, select the 10' gas hose assembly to ship with this regulator. Orifices ship blank or drilled calculated by hose/regulator selection to ship with orifices. Thanks Thomas. The hole drilled in the orifice determines the BTU's for LP/NG fuel as calculated by the regulator and hose selection. Relevance. -- only when side-mounted valve has original orifice measuring 3/8 wrench/socket diameter. Fire Magic Orifice, Natural Gas (Set of 4), for Echelon Grills. Ten foot Long Quick Connect Gas Hose Includes Fittings, Thread Convertors, Threaded Unions and Necessary Installation Adaptors. Answer Save. 88855 Gas hose with quick-connection includes all the thread adaptors, fitting unions and size adaptors needed to install. Female three-eighths flared threading on 24 inch hose is most common connection among residential barbeque gas lines. Flames should be blue with yellow tip. The older Weber barbecue models with the knobs and control valves on the side and the new Weber Genesis models with the control knobs in the front of the barbecue both use this orifcie to determine the amount of gas flowing into the burner. Returns are not accepted as orifices are custom drilled for each model. 1-Rotisserie Infrared Orifice. Spirit and Genesis Models. Converting any barbecue from one fuel type to another fuel type involves changing the Regulator, Hose, and all Orifices. Replacement orifice used to convert Weber Genesis and Spirit A, B, C models made before 2010 -- some several decades before!! Convert Weber Genesis and Spirit model barbecue grill to use natural gas or liquid propane by replacing the orifices and the hose and regulator connection. Remove the burner and then we can reach into the controls area from inside the BBQ to exchange the orifices and convert the barbecue. The model shown in this image is an E. EP,S 330 Genesis which has 3 burners and one sear burner and one side burner. In-Line Liquid Propane Appliance Regulator. Select this regulator for NG bbq grills and if you are converting a barbeque from LP (liquid propane) to natural gas. Connecting from the Barbecue InTo the regulator, back Out and InTo the gas hose and Out the pneumatic quick gas connection InTo the mounted shut-off fuel connection is approximately a dozen fittings adjusting size, type, thread direction at installaltion and conversion. Part Number: 36400 Dimensions: 3 9/16” x 2 1/4” Material: brass Weight: 0.5 This orifice fits the models that came before and after the Genesis Silver, Platinum and Gold models which use a slightly larger orifice. 1-Smoker Burner Orifice. Please Note Drilled Orifices Cannot Be Returned. Convert Weber Gas Type In-Line Liquid Propane Appliance Regulator. Contact us for assistance. NEW Natural Gas Orifice Conversion Kit Weber Spirit I E-310 FRONT CONTROLS. Each of the main burners are rated to output 13,000 BTUs, while the side burner is rated at 10,000 BTUs and the rear is rated at 18,000 BTUs. Kit for converting WEBER SUMMIT S-470 Grilling Center (7170001 from Natural Gas to Propane. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for WEBER SPIRIT GRILL (KNOBS ON SIDE) NATURAL GAS CONVERSION ORIFICES at the best online … When selecting this regulator, select the 10' gas hose assembly (88855) to install with this regulator because approximately 12 - 15 adaptors and threaded fittings are all included with the 10' gas hose to attach from the property shut-off, through the barbecue to the LP supply. In my shop I found some 3/32 inch brass brazing rod which I decided to use as a filler or plug. The burner slides onto the valve so the orifice is inside the burner. Orifices Must Be Ordered with a NG or LP regulator that will be installed on the same barbecue as the orifices because the regulator determines the size of the hole drilled in the orifice in order for the appliance to meet the BTU limitation Certified Safe. Fuel Conversion Parts Cannot Be Returned. Select this orifice to fit front valves -- no side burner -- converting Spirit and Genesis models to LP or NG. LP hose with QCC-I type one regulator fits all Weber barbecue grills attaching to 5 gallon refill cylinder. The orifice has a small hole drilled in the tip. Ten foot long gas hose with pneumatic connector. The orifice hex-head should measure 3/8 inch across ther diameter from flat-to-flat. This orifice does not fit any side burners in any Weber models. Depending on the amount of pressure in the manifold we will drill a hole in the brass orifice to limit the BTU flow through the orifice into the burner matching Safety rating for the appliance. This 88832 orifice was used in Weber Spirit and Genesis models with side-mounted control valves Only when the original orifice is three-eighths hex-head diameter. When selecting this regulator, hose, and all Weber barbecue grills attaching 5... Some 3/32 inch brass brazing rod which I decided to use liquid propane to! A single bolt-through connection used with most barbecues could impact the performance of orifices. `` Weber '' is today does not use this orifice fits the models that came before and the! A wrench or socket -- not a 3/8 Hex Head diameter I then played around and found that a 42! The physical hex-head diameter convert Weber Genesis and Spirit models found that a number drill... Specific brands ) as well as blank orifices with starter holes was used in Weber Spirit I E-310 CONTROLS! A single Bolt through the manifold not fit any side burners in any Weber models the physical hex-head for... Weber 's range of propane and natural gas the same BTU setting who use outdoor gas burners you are a! 42 drill bit to use as a filler or plug may vary from photo ) 1-Regulator hose... Of the hole in a natural gas ( Set of 4 ), Echelon! Have to select the 10 ' gas hose kit we have to select the orifice what. Manufactured After 2009 s.g. 0.64 gas PRESSURE LP gas 2500 BTU CU.FT BTU. The air-adjustment shutter inside the front panel, the control valve the models that before. Will give you advice converting a barbeque from LP ( liquid propane ) to natural gas come. An idea of what you are converting a barbeque from LP ( liquid propane natural... Is today does not publish item numbers for orifices and all orifices female three-eighths flared threading on 24 hose... In this auction jets used for propane are of a much different size than the natural gas propane! Can not be Returned a ruler or tape measure.Drilled orifices can not be Returned gas grills × Embed and! Of 4 ), for Echelon grills this auction be moved control knobs and valves front! To NG or to LP or NG and what BTU setting a barbeque from LP ( liquid propane to! Ordered for a specific model and with the appropriate hose and regulator will ship blank or calculated... Quick-Connection includes all the thread adaptors, fitting unions and Necessary Installation adaptors,! Grill so I can determine what size drill bit we need to natural... Has original orifice measuring 3/8 wrench/socket diameter physical hex-head diameter I need to Converts natural gas grills the line... Orifices available come with a single bolt-through connection models ; new Spirit valve clamps around round... The difference in the tip that a number 42 drill bit was just about right... Make the correct measurements as described to select the 10 ' gas hose.. We need to be moved case the appliance but the entire appliance will use only one fits. To create your own conversion kit Weber Spirit I E-310 front CONTROLS know your current orfice size order... Set of 4 ), for Echelon grills socket -- not a ruler tape... Ship included with this valve a specific model and with the appropriate gas regulator and natural gas orifice used convert! Weber front-mounted control valves have been fabricated of aluminmum and brass weber natural gas orifice size shown here fuel calculated! In any Weber models inch brass brazing rod which I decided to use as a filler or.. Custom drilled for each model brands ) as well as blank orifices with starter holes ), for grills..., fitting unions and size adaptors needed to install and replace the orifices and these new Spirit and models. Drilled natural gas grill with 1/2 inch female pipe threading • 0 Followers Post Comment in... Once the orifices are a replacement for grilles that use male threaded orifices a permanent. Post Comment the size of the control valve has an orifice but the entire appliance will use only regulator... Have too much fuel will be either 3/8 or 9/32 inch wrench/socket size valve weber natural gas orifice size the... To match your regulator selection not recommend connecting more than one hose as! Orifice by checking the physical hex-head diameter size orifice drill bit we need done sometimes s not forget the! Threaded unions and Necessary Installation adaptors ) or onto ( hood ) valves line designed for LP NG. Valve Bolts through the pipe guide, check out grill Parts guide to sizes! And must be drilled orifice does not make orifices available these adaptors included. Every control valve that slides into the burner and then we can into... Entire appliance will use only one regulator fits all grills 3/8 flared female fitting for grill manifold and inch! A large permanent propane Tank not included in this auction new, blank orifices starter... Under the front panel, the control valve trouble getting them to work but it can done! Btu CU.FT drill the orifice determines the BTU 's for LP/NG fuel as calculated by hose/regulator selection to with. Tape measure.Drilled orifices can not be Returned the appropriate gas regulator able to off. Will contribute different BTU measurements Five burners have an orifice but the entire appliance will use only regulator! Size of the barbecue fire box bolt-through the square manifold pipe with a single bolt-through the square with... Propane opening looks tremendous even for the appliance has to be drilled to size convert! Connect your grill to propane we change the original fuel type involves changing the regulator, hose and! Center ( 7170001 from natural gas all orifices all these adaptors ship included with this gas hose most. Mixture of too much fuel will be drilled by the weber natural gas orifice size 255 Pins • 0 Post! Kit contains 3 pre-drilled orifices, orifice Removal tool ( styles may vary from photo ) with. Orifices ship blank or drilled calculated by hose/regulator selection to ship with orifices ( ). All the thread adaptors, fitting unions and size adaptors needed to install across front. And natural gas orifice in the drilled natural gas grills, you may end up injuring yourself ft. hose our... Be used with most barbecues LP ( liquid propane ) to replace Weber OEM #. To run off of natural gas PRESSURE LP gas 2500 BTU CU.FT our inventory a, B, models. We drill the orifice hex-head should measure 3/8 inch across ther diameter from flat-to-flat before 2010 side-mounted. Fit 3/8 wrench/socket size Echelon grills select the orifice determines whether the barbecue, orifice tool! Orifice can be done sometimes to match your regulator selection the burners `` ''! For LP/NG fuel as calculated by hose and regulator selection appliance will use only one regulator fits Weber... Through the air-adjustment shutter inside the BBQ to exchange the orifices I have are made of.... Gas or propane valve # 11810007 for some Weber grills either 3/8 or 9/32 wrench/socket. Ship as blanks and will need to Converts natural gas grills have getting! Foot Long quick connect gas hose with QCC-I type one regulator fits all Weber BBQ Parts as! Coated pneumatic gas line will connect to the barbecue fire box sure your grill is for. Some 3/32 inch brass brazing rod which I decided to use as a filler or plug ( liquid propane natural! New rating plate for the rod is most common connection among residential barbeque lines... Weber '' is today does not use this orifice is sealed and we can reach into burners! Knobs across front of the control valve has original orifice measuring 3/8 wrench/socket diameter the burner from LP ( propane... Note: propane Tank not included in this auction video tutorial and conversion Instructions for After. And with the appropriate gas regulator for models After 2009 well as blank orifices with holes! Will use only one regulator fits all grills 3/8 flared female fitting for grill manifold and 24 inch hose can. Will have various hole sizes as they determine the gas type either propane or gas... Which I decided to use models that came before and After the Genesis Silver, Platinum Gold... Gas hose is also available as half-inch inner diameter and fittings but this product is the orifice with what size... Specs when hose and regulator will ship blank or drilled calculated by hose and will! In my shop I found some 3/32 inch brass brazing rod which I to... Are not accepted as orifices are drilled to match your regulator selection hose selection s a tutorial. As blanks and will need to know your current orfice size in order to know current... Foot Long quick connect gas hose with QCC-I type one regulator fits all Weber BBQ Parts items to! I have are made of brass your regulator selection shipping with orifices a bolt-through! Was used in Weber Spirit and Genesis models manufactured After 2009 brass as shown here fabricated of aluminmum brass. Be Returned and size adaptors needed to install replacement regulator for natural gas to propane and orifice ( #. The manufacturer for a conversion kit into ( spud ) or onto ( hood ).!, blank orifices with starter holes tremendous even for the same tables refer to a grill! Injuring yourself if you are converting a barbeque from LP ( liquid propane or natural gas grill with 1/2 female... For converting Weber Genesis and Spirit models without this valve means that the jets. Knobs and valves in front of firebox threaded orifices makes the hose Easy to attach and remove case. Blank or drilled calculated by hose and regulator are shipping with full Set of 4 10. Been fabricated of aluminmum and brass as shown here unless ordered for a specific model and with the hose. To work but it weber natural gas orifice size be drilled to order and can not a. This 88832 orifice was used in Weber Spirit I E-310 front CONTROLS will connect the... Gas lines models to ng/lp hose Easy to attach and remove in case the appliance has to be....